List of Airports in Tamil Nadu, Airport Categories and Roles.
List of Tamil Nadu Airports
This includes a list of airports in Tamil Nadu. The list includes commercially used, former, flying schools, military bases.
This list contains the following information:
- City served – The city generally associated with the airport. This is not always the actual location since some airports are located in smaller towns outside of the city they serve.
- ICAO – The location indicator assigned by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). ICAO indicator: VA – West Zone, VE – East Zone, VI – North Zone, VO – South Zone
- IATA – The airport code assigned by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Category – Category of the airport as defined by Airports Authority of India as per the table below
- Role – Role of the airport as given by the table below
|City Served||Airport Name||ICAO||IATA||Category||Role|
|Arakkonam||INS Rajali Naval Air Station||VOTJ||—||Defence||Air Base|
|Chennai||Chennai International Airport||VOMM||MAA||International||Commercial|
|Chennai||Tambaram Air Force Station||VOTX||—||Defence||Air Base|
|Chennai||New Chennai International Airport||—||—||Future||Future|
|Coimbatore||Coimbatore International Airport||VOCB||CJB||International||Commercial|
|Coimbatore||Sulur Air Force Station||VOSX||—||Defence||Air Base|
|Madurai||Madurai International Airport||VOMD||IXM||International||Commercial|
|Thanjavur||Thanjavur Air Force Station||VOTJ||TJV||Defence||Air Base|
|Tiruchirapalli||Tiruchirapalli International Airport||VOTR||TRZ||International||Commercial|
|Uchipuli||INS Parundu||NA||NA||Defence||Air Base|